- City Council Takes Steps to Reduce (but not Eliminate) Waste of Groundwater from Basement Construction
- Policy and Services Committee endorses new rules intended to reduce groundwater waste
- The Millenium Tower Building in San Francisco is sinking – could it happen to us?
- Palo Alto City Council Adopts Dewatering Pilot Program Regulations (2016)
- Palo Alto City Council Updates Dewatering Policies for 2016 – More to Come
Author Archives: admin
Palo Alto’s City Council will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, March 7th, 6 pm at City Hall, 285 Hamilton, to discuss and determine dewatering regulations for 2017 and 2018. Please join us and let the City Council know that … Continue reading
Thank you to all who wrote letters, showed up and spoke up for reducing groundwater waste for construction purposes at the Policy and Services Committee on Dec.14th. Thanks to your support and advocacy, together we changed the game! It’s clear … Continue reading
By popular demand, we are circulating an updated petition to send to City Council. Save Palo Alto’s Groundwater is not opposed to basements or underground construction per se, but rather to the harmful and wasteful practice of dewatering. We also … Continue reading
The Palo Alto City Council adopted regulations for a pilot program for dewatering policies to take effect for the 2016 “season.” Read the Palo Alto Weekly coverage below: http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/2016/02/02/palo-alto-firms-up-rules-for-pumping-groundwaer Or, download a PDF file of the article. Palo Alto firms … Continue reading
Palo Alto Online recently reported on Save Palo Alto’s Groundwater’s call for a moratorium on basement projects that require dewatering.