Top 10 posts:
- Palo Alto’s 2018 Construction Dewatering Regulations Are Here!
- Building basements without wasting water
- Fracking in Santa Clara County
- About Save Palo Alto's Groundwater
- City Council Takes Steps to Reduce (but not Eliminate) Waste of Groundwater from Basement Construction
- Construction Dewatering in the News
- Local Groundwater Studies and Reports
- Save Palo Alto's Groundwater White Paper
- Four Reasons to Save Our Groundwater
Author Archives: Keith Bennett
Dewatering for basement construction is about to get into full swing for the 2016 “season.” As of this writing, two sites have completed dewatering, including one that discharged nearly 31 million gallons into the storm drains, one that is about … Continue reading
Last year the City told us that they estimated 8- 10 million gallons of water were pumped out per basement construction. The news is three times worse! This year, for the first time ever, City regulations require that the water … Continue reading
The water levels [PDF download] in mid-2015 for Eleanor Pardee Park and Hale Wells, part of Palo Alto’s emergency water supply have dropped 10 feet between 2011 and mid-2015.
Please see the Groundwater in Palo Alto is a valuable Resource, not Construction Waste published online in this week’s Palo Alto Weekly.