The water levels [PDF download] in mid-2015 for Eleanor Pardee Park and Hale Wells, part of Palo Alto’s emergency water supply have dropped 10 feet between 2011 and mid-2015.
For reference, the Carollo Engineers Feasibility Study recommended a limiting the decline in the aquifer water level to 8 feet, with a once in 3 year allowable drop of up to 25 feet. Palo Alto has not used it’s emergency supply wells, but they are already drawn down by 1/3.
Top 10 posts:
- Save Palo Alto's Groundwater White Paper
- Effects of Groundwater Depletion
- About Save Palo Alto's Groundwater
- The Millenium Tower Building in San Francisco is sinking – could it happen to us?
- Worth Reading
- Link to Prof. Hill’s Planning for Rising Waters Presentation, April 24, 2019
- How to Get Involved
- What Are Your Reasons?
- City 2017 Dewatering Map Now Online
- Promising Solution or Potential Problem?