The water levels [PDF download] in mid-2015 for Eleanor Pardee Park and Hale Wells, part of Palo Alto’s emergency water supply have dropped 10 feet between 2011 and mid-2015.
For reference, the Carollo Engineers Feasibility Study recommended a limiting the decline in the aquifer water level to 8 feet, with a once in 3 year allowable drop of up to 25 feet. Palo Alto has not used it’s emergency supply wells, but they are already drawn down by 1/3.
- City Council Takes Steps to Reduce (but not Eliminate) Waste of Groundwater from Basement Construction
- Policy and Services Committee endorses new rules intended to reduce groundwater waste
- The Millenium Tower Building in San Francisco is sinking – could it happen to us?
- Palo Alto City Council Adopts Dewatering Pilot Program Regulations (2016)
- Palo Alto City Council Updates Dewatering Policies for 2016 – More to Come