The water levels [PDF download] in mid-2015 for Eleanor Pardee Park and Hale Wells, part of Palo Alto’s emergency water supply have dropped 10 feet between 2011 and mid-2015.
For reference, the Carollo Engineers Feasibility Study recommended a limiting the decline in the aquifer water level to 8 feet, with a once in 3 year allowable drop of up to 25 feet. Palo Alto has not used it’s emergency supply wells, but they are already drawn down by 1/3.
- Monday, 5/23: Tell PALO ALTO CITY COUNCIL TO SCALE BACK CASTILLEJA’S EXPANSION PLANS
- 2022 UN Water Theme: Groundwater – Making the Invisible Visible
- California Water. Over-promised. Over-delivered. Solutions? Felicia Marcus Feb. 12 10 AM.
- Celebrating National Groundwater Awareness Week! March 7-13, 2021
- City Council agrees magnificent oak at 2353 Webster deserves protection
Top 10 posts: